Thursday, August 10, 2017

It's Chase Utley's World

We're just living in it.  I went to the first of three Dodgers-Mets games at Citi Field with my dad.  It was Yu Darvish's debut with the Dodgers.  Jacob deGrom was going for the Mets.  The Dodgers were pretty much in control the whole way.  Chris Taylor led off the game with a home run.  Yasiel Puig hit a home run in the second.  And Chase Utley hit a home run in the sixth because of course he did.  Yu Darvish pitched seven shutout innings with 10 strikeouts and only allowed three hits and one walk.  The Dodgers won 6-0.  We enjoyed the game.

I'll just mention a few Citi Field things.  We were sitting in my favorite row for an affordable price at Citi Field.  It's the wheelchair row on the Promenade Gold seats.  We were up high, but close to home plate.  The row in front of you is down a few steps so people can get up and they don't block your view.  It's really easy to get in and out of the row.  Other people get get in and out of the row without disturbing you.  You have access to the Promenade Club (which has some good food/beer options that aren't available in most other places).  I don't like that there's restricted access.  If somebody wants to spend money in the Promenade Club, let them.  But I had access so good for me.  To eat, I went down to the field level to get the spicy chicken sandwich from David Chang's Fuku.  I really only went there because David Chang has been on House of Carbs.  It was really just a glorified Chick-Fil-A sandwich.  It was good, but not something I'd pay $12.50 for again.  In the Promenade Club, I was able to get a Sam Adams Summer Ale.  You know my feelings on Summer Ale.  It's even better when I can drink it outside while watching the Dodgers.  And they also have d(o with the line over it) in the Promenade Club.  They sell edible cookie dough.  There were three or four flavors.  I went with the regular chocolate chip cookie dough because chocolate chip cookies are by far the best cookies.  You can get one scoop for $6 or two for $11.  I got one scoop and it was really good, but I definitely didn't need a second scoop.  It would have been nice if they gave out small cups of milk with the cookie dough.

Yu Darvish's first pitch went for a hit, but it was not a sign of things to come.
Summer Ale is the best.
This was really good.
The Mets might not be good, but Mr. Met is still the best mascot in sports.

That was the only game of the series I got to.  The Dodgers ended up sweeping the season series with the Mets.  They had a nice comeback in the second game of this series.  The Dodgers still have work to do, but it's definitely looking like they're going to finish with the best record in the NL and probably the best record in the Majors (they're up 12.5 on the Nationals and 9 on the Astros).  They are fun to watch, but I'm starting to get excited for college football.  Hopefully Notre Dame won't ruin that excitement early in the season.  Go Dodgers!  Go Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment